Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thinking of you mingle


This one is one I'm doing for one of the monthly mingles on Stamper's Corner.

Base card is Creamy Caramel.

I got the Precious Memories hymn by scanning the song from one of my hymn books. I laid it out using MS Publisher so I could get 4 images on a page. I then printed it on Natural Ivory cs. To give it the aged look, I tore the edges and sponged them with Close to Cocoa ink.

The flowers are from Stampin Up's Memory of the Heart, stamped in black Staz-on on vellum. I colored it from the back with More Mustard, Rose Romance, Yo Yo Yellow and Old Olive markers.

The sentiment was created by printing "Thinking of You" using the Brushed Script font that is standard in Windows in a size 36 on vellum. I immediately took it out of the printer and covered it with a copper black embossing powder and heated it. I tore it too. The vellum is mounted with some vintage colored brads.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Jeri. I like the way you colored the vellum.

    Ramblin Rose
    another Technique Junkie
    www.ramblinr43.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete