Sunday, August 30, 2009
The final mingle I participated in this month on Stamper's Corner is called Brad Basics.
It was opened themed, but you had to use at least 2 brads on the card.
I've used this layout before, done with a different techique for the background.
This one is done with the AI Foil technique from the current Technique Junkies newsletter.
Brads are from an assortment set I got at Hobby Lobby and a bunch of jewel brads I got from My Favorite Things. Stamps are I Brake for Stamps. The mask was stamped using a glue pad and glitter from Sparkle and Sprinkle.
One of the techniques in the current Technique Junkies newsletter is called scene sillhouettes and was inspired by the brayer work of Michelle Zindorf.
That fit in with the Stamper's Corner mingle that called for using a Zindorf technique.
I used 4 inks from Stampin Up (2 greens, 2 blues) and the stamp is from I Brake for Stamps that came in a prize package I won on Stamper's Corner.
CS is SU Glorious Green and Brilliant Blue.
One of the mingles this month (mingles are one on one swaps) on Stamper's Corner is Grey White and Yellow.
I tried the Bargello technique from the TJ newsletter in yellow pattern papers I had in my stash.
I thought it would look great with this stained glass fish from I Brake for Stamps.
The August card lottery on Stamper's Corner has a theme of pastels and flourishes.
After seeing the August Just One my partner on Technique Junkies sent me in the Textured Spectrum technique, I just knew it fit perfectly with this theme.
I used a spectrum pad from Stampin Up and the flourishes embossing folder from Cuttlebug for the background.
The rose is from I Brake For Stamps and the sentiment is from the Noteworthy Stampin Up set.
CS is Bliss Blue and Blush Blossom and the ribbon is a sample from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
The card here was done for the August Card of the Month swap on Stamper's Corner.
It is done using the Triple Play techinque from Technique Junkies. This technique enables you to get 3 cards from a 12x12 piece of cs. You can mail them in a business size envelope.
I used a piece of Creamy Caramel cs from SU as the base. The bg paper is from a Jewel Tone Power Pallette from Creative Memories, as is the luggage sticker.
The tag and the focal image are from Sparkle N Sprinkle.
For the August Just One swap on Technique Junkies (which I HIGHLY recommend--go to www.techniquejunkies.com) I decided to do the AI Foil technique.
I tried it with regular ink and alcohol, and did not get as good results as I would have liked, but the background came out well enough to use for the swap.
The stamps are from a grab bag from I Break For Stamps.
The CS is some retired Stampin Up I had in my stash.
This card came as part of an ATC swap I joined on Stamper's Corner. The theme was monochrome.
I have been getting in to unmounted stamps and I decided to unmount my 2-step Stampin Up! stamps to make them easier to line up when over stamping.
I never got a good overstamp until now. The rose focal image is on the same ATC I did for the swap. It is the retired Rose Rhapsody from SU. It is stamped on Regal Rose cs using Rose Red ink. The overstamping was done with Tsukineko's essential glue pad, which is an ink pad that has glue instead of ink. Then it was covered with red glitter from SU.
The bg is SU's retired Victorian bg stamped on Regal Rose cs in Rose Red ink. I also unmounted all my bg stamps to give me more storage space. I discovered that I can store my acrylic blocks, Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug embossing folders in the cases the bg stamps came in.