Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Shower Present


We had a baby shower for one of our Interior Designers the other day. I wanted to do something unique in wrapping her present.

I took a 1 liter soda bottle (but this will work with any soda bottle, just match it to the size of your gift), removed the label and cleaned off the serial number stuff that was stamped on the bottle with rubbing alcohol.

Then I cut a slit in the side with an X-acto knife (top to bottom) and a horizontal slit at the top and bottom of the slit. Then I slipped a sleep and play suit into the bottle.

Next I cut a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper down to fit the label of the bottle and wrapped it around the bottle, covering the slit and securing with double stick tape.

The top layer is cut from a piece of 12x12 blue vellum and punched with a corner punch that I took the "wings" out of. I stamped some baby feet from I Brake For Stamps on the vellum and wrapped that on top of the scrapbook paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment