Saturday, July 11, 2009

July Birthday cards


I had this idea in my head for a while. I like the poem "When I am Old" by Jenny Joseph, which is all about aging flamboyantly. I thought it would make a nice birthday card.

So I copied the first two lines of that poem into MS Publisher and chose a font from Stampin Up's Write Me A Memory Volume 1. I printed it out on a scrapbooking paper from my stash and cut the oval with my Coluzzle.

The dress and hat are from I Brake For Stamp's fashion plate. Both are stamped on scrapbooking paper and cut out.

The background is done in the Shimmering Silk technique from Technique Junkies.

I did two versions of this. One was on the Perfect Plum and Pale Plum you see here. The other was on Tempting Turquoise and Taken with Teal. Both turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment